History

Tannheim was mentioned in a document for the first time in 817. Till to the mid of the 20-th century there were mainly rustic structures. Thereafter the place developed to a modern residence and place of recreation.

For 5 centuries Tannheim was the the place of a Pauliner monastery. The monastery was founded in 1353 by the earl Graf Hug von Fuerstenberg and was closed according to politics of the secularization in 1802/1803. Out of the physical remains of the monastery the parish church St.Gallus was built in the village center  between 1898 and 1907.

In the course of community- and structural adjustment in 1972/1973 Tannheim was affiliated politically to Villingen-Schwenningen.

unsichtbarer counter